Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My words

There's something I've found in you
that is most precious and so true
a treasure that I cannot buy
or see with the naked eye


and for a way I constantly do seek
when often my heart wish to speak
of thoughts lying down so deep
buried, locked up they do sleep


of pain joy or distress
my heart desire to express
like a language I understand not
my ideas seem tied up to rot


a lifetime may have passed
before discovering at the very last
a friendship that's open and free
yet it also is the key


that free my thoughts from their jail
my heart no longer feels so frail
suddenly it flows to my lips
emancipating my deepest wits


in black and white the letters spill
the secret words in my heart that fill
cohesive concepts the sentences form
from the depths of my spirit they were born


a gift most precious it remains sought
which unties the plainest expression of my thought
conceived out of necessity
and often with lack of brevity


they are born for but a single purpose
to bring these disquieting thoughts to the surface
and to give a loud clear voice to the silence
liberating my soul from the depths of violence


no claim shall I have remain
by speaking without refrain
my words are my gift to you
yes you can believe it's true
for you are the key
that set them free



Copyright 2010
Johannes Cloete
All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

  1. Truly Beautiful (smiling) Love always your Friend Binks xxx

    ReplyDelete