Friday, November 4, 2011

Shattered Hope

I look fine to you who see me
seems as though all is well
but what you see is not the truth
and I've a short story to tell 

care not, do I, what you may think
always doing my own thing
but one person's thought does matter
her approval makes me sing 

I try to be a good man
to do that which is right
I try to live as Christ the Lord
to be a shining light
 
I know I fail in many ways
though succeed I do as well
at times I am that bright light
but at others it's hard to tell 

it seemed things were alright
that you and I were fine
we talked at every day's end
but I was walking a thin line
 
one day I dared to ask
to see just what you thought
and great was the pain
when truth was what I sought 

though things had seemed so good
so close to you I felt
you see me as a bad person
and to my knees I knelt 

how could this be
that you see me in such a way
I know that I am imperfect
but a bad person, you say 

shattered were all my hopes
all the dreams of what could be
a future of love between us
forever sealed to fantasy 

and so I pretend I'm well
though in truth I'm really not
I pretend I'm fine for your sake
and I hide the pain I bought

No comments:

Post a Comment