Thursday, January 3, 2013

Fallen ...

Send away for a priceless gift
One not subtle, one not on the list
Send away for a perfect world
One not simply, so absurd
In these times of trying in vain
Keep these feelings, no one knows
What ever happened to this man's heart
Swallowed by pain, as he slowly falls apart

And I'm staring down at this uncertainty,
I'm swimming through the ashes of another life
There's no real reason to accept the way things have changed
Staring down at this uncertainty

Send a message to the newborn child
Keep your eyes open for a while
In a box high up on the shelf, left for you, no one else
There's a piece of a puzzle known as life
Wrapped in guilt, sealed up tight

What ever happened to this man's heart
Swallowed by pain, as he slowly falls apart

Continue to point your finger
Whisper your deception ever so softly
Never fail to condemn me
As you may never know what I believe
And as the tears fall
I continue to believe ...



No comments:

Post a Comment