Sunday, May 17, 2009

Icarus by Gianni Bergamini

Icarus

I will fly over rivers, lakes, oceans & mountains;
Beyond the clouds of the infinite sky.
With no barriers or chains on my wrists;
I will fly today and tommorow.

I will fly where the sun warms every heart,
where the moon and the stars watch over the night
so it passes painlessly.

I will fly in the light of an infinite God
Where faith has just one colour and
people never die.

With the wings of love, I can fly.



Versione Italiano:

Icaro

Volero sopra fiumi, laghi, mari e monti;
Oltre le nubi tra cieli infiniti.
Senza confini e catene alle mani,
Volero oggi e domani.

Volero dove il sole riscalda ogni cuore,
dove la luna e le stelle vegliano notti
senza dolore.

Volero nella luce di un Dio infinito,
dove la fede ha un solo colore e
la gente non muore.

Con le ali dell’amore, io posso volare.


Poem by Gianni Bergamini 1996
Translation to English by Carmen Forward 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment