Friday, July 24, 2009

Do you feel like giving up the fight?

On your cold gray stones, breaks the sea
If my mouth could only speak the feelings that arise in me
Carefree the children shouting on the beach at play
Happily the sailor sings in his boat at bay

In dreamlike state seeing your face now disappeared
I’m still hearing the sound of your voice gone silent
At the foot of your rocky crags, breaks the sea
The tender grace of a day long lost, will never come back to me

And in the silence of my lips my thoughts spoke questions

What have I been fighting for? Can I remember what I’ve been living for? Can I feel it taking my breath away? Can I feel myself suffocating? Can I feel? Have I replaced my pride with pain? Have I come here to hide? Did someone break my heart inside? Have I grown weary? Do I feel like giving up the fight, you and I? Am I in ruins?

And in brilliance of light from white sands
I glanced up and noticed your radiance
In your happy voice your eyes betrayed a pain
And in the silence of my lips my thoughts spoke questions

Have you reached the end of the road? Do you feel yourself losing all sense of control? Have your thoughts taken their toll, and you feel them breaking the spirit of your soul? Did your faith walk on broken glass, and now await the emptiness to pass? Does anything last? Have you grow weary too? Do you feel like giving up the fight, you and I? Are you in ruins?

Have we tried living on our own, after it all burned down? Did we stand too close to the fire, searching forgiveness? Do we understand how it feels, when it’s time to live and let lie and we can’t get another try? Did something inside our hearts die? Have we grown weary? Do we feel like giving up the fight, you and I? Are we in ruins?

As I glanced back up there you were still
And as the sun shone brightly on the white sands the pain had left

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully written Johannes. I love the imagery you captured and find it simple yet exquisite. xxxx Faithfully yours,
    Lisa Larkin

    ReplyDelete