Monday, July 13, 2009

You warm my heart

Sweet friend of mine. I have reached these lands newly, by a route obscure and lonely, haunted by ill angels only. With mountains toppling into seas without a shore and oceans that restlessly aspire, that surge unto skies of fire. With lakes endlessly outspread lone and dead, their waters still and chilly. Yet I felt warm as I thought of you.

In the cold of dawn, where the traveler meets sheeted memories of the past, shrouded forms that start and sigh as they pass the wanderer by. White-robed forms of friends long given in agony, to the earth and heaven. And as the sun rose, and gave warmth and light freely, I thought of you my dearest friend.

Sweet friend of mine. How soothing your kind companionship warms my heart and refreshes my soul. Thank you for coming into my life.

1 comment:

  1. You are such a wonderful friend and so loved Johannes! Always remember that!

    ReplyDelete