Saturday, July 18, 2009

my heart, my belief

I pretend there's nothing wrong. But inside I feel the hollow emptiness grow. So I hid my heart in a nest of roses, out of the sun's way, hidden apart. In a bed softer than the soft white snow. Under the roses I hid my heart. Why would it sleep not? Why should my heart be so restless, when never a leaf of the rose-tree stirred?

Lie still, I told my heart, for the wind was quieting down, and mild leaves were muffling the keen sun's rays. Lie still, for the wind on the warm seas dozes, and the wind is more restless yet than you are. Is there a thought in you still stinging as a thorn's wound? Why do the fangs of hope deferred torment you so? Is that what bids the peace of your slumber farewell?

The green land's name that a charm encloses was never mapped in the traveler’s chart. And the sweet fruit that grows on its trees was never sold in the merchant's mart.

In the world of dreams I have chosen my part, to sleep for a season and hear no word of true love's truth or of light love's art.

And I pretend there's nothing wrong. But inside I feel the hollow emptiness grow. And a cloudburst came over me … and I felt my spirit break, for I had lost all of my belief. And realizing my mistake, I whispered a prayer in my heart.

And as through a timeless void, I felt my heart speak to me quietly. I need love … Divine love. Please forgive me, for I understand that I've been blind. Love is what I need to help me know my name. Through the cloudburst came my insight and I felt my spirit fly as if through centuries. And in a flash of lightning I felt my reality. And I realized what it takes.

The message from my heart was plain to see. Make me a promise. Show me how to live. For I know you won't forsake me. I want to believe ... I have to believe

No comments:

Post a Comment